If you have any photographic memorabilia to share, please contact Sarah Rose (Email)
This book was published privately for the Headmaster and Governors in 1951 for the 250th anniversary of the school. Sixth Form students and staff wrote the book, using the school’s archive to find all the necessary information.
(L-R) Year 7-11 tie, Tercentenary tie (given to students in 2001 to celebrate our 300th anniversary), Service tie, Sixth Form tie, Prefect tie, The 1701 Society tie, Old Williamsonian tie, Top 3 tie (never issued to students, but one of 2 made), The Leonard England Oakeshott Prize co-funder tie (issued to individuals who pay for the prize which is awarded at Prize Giving)
This ribbon depicts the same colours worn on the Year 7-11 tie, and the ribbon itself was wrapped around a straw boater which used to be worn by Prefects at events such as Founder’s Day.
Photograph kindly donated by Michael Cleary: a third of the whole school 1948 showing the Headteacher, Mr Ken R Imeson and some staff many of whom were retired military personnel who served in WWII. Students listened to their stores in awe.
This wooden blazer badge was handmade by a former School Captain, who originally made it as part of a DT project when they were in Lower School.
This book details the memoirs of former students from early 1900 until the 1950s. It was originally published in 1987 but has now been made available to purchase via Amazon to try and reach a wider audience. The ISBN-13 number is: 9798738767715.
A collection of photos of the old school building, students and classrooms from the 1900s.